I don’t have any pictures for this post. You’ll see why in just a second.
I started daydreaming about food. What would I eat if I was back in Los Angeles?
Melissa’s Food Dreams Tour.
I don’t have pictures of these – because I no longer live in the city of Angels.
(HINT, HINT: Friends, Send me your pictures of the below dishes and I will add to my post! Show some love!)
Here we go. This is just the beginning, in no particular order…
1. Strawberry-banana-chocolate pancakes + a strong cup of coffee @Lulu’s.
2. The #3, with grilled onions, ketchup instead of the animal sauce @In-n-Out Burger.
3. Steak burrito bowl with some chips & guac @Chipotle. Ooh guacamole…getting carried away here –
4. Chicken bellagio @Cheesecake Factory. With strawberry lemonade.
5. That rice salad @Jitlada thai.
6. Rare flank steak Pho at the little joint on 7th & Vermont.
8. 3 tacos + 1 horchata @El Taurino.
10. Pork tonkatsu @Wako. The freshly ground sesame seeds in my own, individual mortar-and-pestle.
11. Gal bi tang @ Park’s BBQ.
12. Seafood soon du bu + extra potato salad, please @BCD Tofu house.
13. O Dae San. Helloooo, galbi.
14. An enormous piece of cake and a really good cup of coffee @Alcove.
15. A massive slice of Sweet Lady Jane cake – triple berry.
16. Breakfast pasta @Hugo’s – ooh – or maybe the chai pancakes. Yum.
17. Any dish + the peach iced tea @Rustic Spoon.
18. Anything @Starry Kitchen.
19. Mendocino Farms. Then a quick jaunt over to chill in California Plaza.
21. Vanilla or chai latte @Urth Caffe. Go Large or go home.
22. Kogi burrito + sriracha on the side @Kogi bbq truck.
23. Ho dduk @ ho dduk truck, 1st & Western. Perfect, hot, and gooey dessert for a buck. I hope they’re still a buck…
24. Any burger + sweet potato fries @Umami.